Safety measures include:
- Children at all camp sites will have regular access to water fountains or drinking water taps. Campers should remember to bring their own water bottles and to fill up throughout the day.
- Club SciKidz counselors will plan lower activity games/activities when the sun is the strongest and will take advantage of shaded areas throughout the day.
- Parents are encouraged to apply sunscreen to your camper’s exposed skin prior to dropoff each morning.
- If sunscreen is packed with camper, counselor can provide reminders for application.
- Campers will be outside for no more than 30 minutes during the peak heat of the day.
- If outdoors for more than 10 minutes, counselors will pause the group activity for water breaks every 10 minutes.
Posted in: Safety Management