What time zone are the classes in?
Central Standard Time (CST)
What do I need to connect?
- A laptop or a desktop will work best.
- A working webcam, audio, microphone
- Stable Wi-Fi.
- A comfortable and quiet work area
- See Tech Requirements for specific camps
How do I access the virtual class + other resources?
- Each class will have its unique Zoom meeting link and entry password, emailed to parents prior to camp.
What functions will my child use on Zoom?
- During the classes, campers will use functions such as “Raise Hand”, “Mute/Unmute” and “Chat”.
Click here to learn about important Zoom functions.
- The campers must keep their video on for the duration of the class to ensure they stay concentrated and ease communication with our staff.
Is it safe?
- Of course! Every meeting is protected with a secret passcode.
- We also have a waiting room from which our staff accept registered campers.
What is the parent’s role?
Our staff are trained to guide the campers through the class without parental assistance.
However, this depends on the comfort of your child with technology and ability to work
independently. You are welcome to stay with/near your child during the class if you feel it is
What if we have tech issues?
The biggest problem we’ve run into with using Zoom (or any online conferencing system) is weak
and intermittent internet connections.
Here are some things you can do if you are having this issue:
- Quit any other programs, like browsers or mail programs, that might be using bandwidth in
- If you are using WiFi, ensure you are getting a strong signal by moving closer to the WiFi
- If you are sharing your internet connection with others, ask them to minimize their usage
while you are on the call.
- Use the phone for the audio connection.
- Try turning off your video.
- Try your smartphone or tablet for the connection instead of a computer.
What is the Refund Policy for Virtual Camps?
No refunds can be made once you register the camp. You can transfer to any other week of virtual camp or apply the funs as a credit towards physical camps. If none of these options works for you then we can credit your account which can be used for future camps in 2021 and 2022.