Summer camp 2017 is now accepting registrations! Can you believe it?!! We have done it!!
Registration opens December 9th for summer camp 2017 full and half-day Club SciKidz Dallas summer camps – get registered early to set your kids up for a summer of fun and success stuffed full of National Science Education Standard projects and activities.
Top summer camp updates for 2017:
- New Format: This year, we’ve changed from age based camp restrictions to Grade-based (based on the grade your child will be entering in the Fall 2017).
- New Camp: Camp Emergency Medicine is back for 4th – 7th graders. Does your child dream of growing up to save lives? Camp Emergency Medicine will teach campers important life saving techniques and all about the amazing human body.
- New location: Added a second Dallas location in the Preston Hollow area (Good Shepherd Episcopal School) we will also be back at our Addison location (Trinity Christian Academy) and our other Dallas location (Highland Park Presbyterian Church)! View our camp schedule here
- New discount: From now until January 15, 2017, you can save $30 off your camp registration by signing up for our email list!
- Camp costs for 2017:
- $285 for a full day camp
- $235 for half-day camps
- AND—for 2017 we’re eliminating lab fees for any camps that had them!
- Have some questions? Check out our summer camp FAQs here
Ready to sign-up? From now until January 15, 2017, you can save $30 off your camp registration by signing up for our email list!Enroll
Club SciKidz Dallas will offer a total of 24 summer camp themes in 2017. Interested in learning more about them? Here’s a snapshot!
Pre-K to Kindergarten:
No kid is too young to start on his or her science journey! This year’s summer camp themes for our tiniest scientists include:
- Camp Jr. Chemist – All about concoctions – and how to mix and measure. Campers will create several wacky, wild and crazy concoctions and will dig in deep to examine them.
- Camp Little Engineer – Campers will be immersed into our toy maker’s workshop as they construct and take home several different projects, each teaching an important physical property.
- Camp Jr. Meteorologist – These campers will discover why our weather changes by measuring and recording rainfall, creating a water cycle wheel, building a weather station, learning about the Greenhouse Effect, creating a terrarium – and so much more!
- Camp Little Scientist – This unique summer camp offers an incredible collection of projects and experiments that will amuse and amaze your little scientist! Several hands-on activities allow your child to explore the basic scientific ideas that play a role in everyday life.
- Camp Jurassic – digging for fossils, panning for gems and minerals, building volcanoes and dinosaurs – campers won’t get bored in camp Jurassic!
First to Third Grade:
- Camp Beginner Minecraft Game Design – Not just about video games, this summer camp teaches campers how to work as a team as they take on the real-world jobs of programmer, game designer, artist, and architect.
- Camp Cosmos – if you’re harboring a young rocket scientist at home, this summer camp is for them! Let him or her us as we race across the Milky Way with twenty astronomy projects including building a telescope, constructing and using star-finders and sundials, build and launch airburst rockets, and so much more.
- Camp Grossology – Our most disgusting summer camp allows kids to focus on blood, bones and body bits – using tons of chemistry and biology that’ll be sure to inspire future doctors and scientists.
- Camp Jr. Video Game Maker – The future is digital and this class gets your kids started early by teaching them the basics of programing as they create animated stories, video games, and interactive artwork
- Camp Little Robot Mechanic – Does your child love robots? Why not let them learn to build one! They’ll get to take home their own aluminum can robot after we all work together to learn about circuits and power sources building our own Mars Rover that can perform 23 experiments and activities.
- Camp Paleo – What can your kids expect? Panning for Gems and Minerals! Crack Open a Geode! Miniature Dinosaur Dig! Build and take away a cool T-Rex Model
- Camp Sea Adventures – Calling all marine biologists! Join us as we sail away on our pirate adventure and explore the crystal blue oceans searching for sea life, gold, gems, and of course some buried treasure!
- Camp Stop Motion Explosion – If you kid loves the movies, this summer camp is for them. Stop motion animation is an incredibly fun, hands-on way to make amazing films, using a variety of materials and objects such as clay, LEGO figures and other everyday materials
- Camp Young Physician – Future doctor on your hands? We want to meet them! Campers will learn that their bodies are miles of blood vessels, hundreds of muscles, many thousands of hairs, a furnace, a filter, AND a fancy computer, through several experiments and activities.
- Camp Young Scientist – The Young Scientist summer camp covers a broad range of fun and exciting science topics such as: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Lab Process Skills.
Fourth to Seventh Grade:
- Camp CSI – Campers will learn to use tools in the field to collect evidence. Campers will learn how a crime is actually solved and learn how Biology, Chemistry and Physics play a major role in the investigation! Visits from real CSI professionals will help give kids even more context to how crimes get solved.
- Camp Deep Space Robotics – Campers will go to the edge of the universe on a mission to make a distant planet habitable for humans. Using LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT, along with videos and animations, campers build and learn programming, Science factoids are interspersed throughout, accompanying engineering design activities tied to space exploration.
- Camp Emergency Medicine – Numerous hands-on projects including: mammalian heart dissection, using medical instruments, triage and diagnosis allow campers to explore the structures and physiology of the amazing human body. Career opportunities are discussed as campers meet a real medical professional. Each camper will receive a stethoscope and certificate at the end of the week.
- Camp Emergency Vet – This summer camp is your child’s ticket to the world of Veterinary Medicine. Lessons will give campers the opportunity to look into the real and exciting field of Veterinary Medicine. Campers will meet practitioners in the field, pet groomers, and be involved with several hands-on experiments!
- Camp Emergency Vet – Advanced – Campers take veterinary medicine to the next level! Our young Vets will learn how to give an injection “to an orange”, practice suturing on our suture glove, perform a fetal pig heart dissection, and will examine animal parasitic diseases.
- Camp Master Minecraft Coder – This summer camp is for those campers that have already been playing Minecraft. Campers learn how to make modifications and use Redstone to expand their creative abilities.
- Camp Robot Mechanic – Featuring a 3-in-1 All Terrain Robot kit and a 14-1 Solar Space Fleet, campers will learn how to solder with our LED Robot Blinker. The skills learned such as wiring, gear building, and soldering will allow campers to go on to more sophisticated robot creation.
- Camp Special Effects – More exciting than ever, campers learn the science behind Hollywood’s special effects. Activities will demonstrate concepts related to light, sound, perception, illusion, and model building. Campers will create (and take home!) a movie using techniques in Claymation and Stop-Motion Animation.
- Camp Video Game Maker – This is the summer camp for those that want their creativity run wild while creating a video game that others want to play. Club SciKidz uses Fusion 2.5 from Clickteam to teach campers how to build two-dimensional video games.