**UPDATED for 2023!**
Camp Emergency Vet
Age Group: rising 4th-7th graders
Cost: $369/ week (Mon-Fri 9-4pm)
• LEARN HOW TO PERFORM A PHYSICAL EXAM on a pet which is essential in evaluating an animals’ condition. Our activity guide includes an animal vital sign chart and a heartworm cycle diagram. Each camper includes a real stethoscope, a well–supplied first aid kit (10 items), along with an AVMA Pet First Aid brochure for those family pet emergencies.
• BATTLE AGAINST DISEASES that veterinarians face every day. Explore animal ear infections. Construct an origami microscope (The Foldscope) and discover how to collect specimens and prepare dry and wet mount slides. Hunt for yeast in your pet’s ear and observe the fungi under the microscope. Formulate a pet ear solution from our secret formulas!
• THE SUTURING WORKSHOP provides a basic understanding of suturing techniques. We include a needle driver (Hemostat), disposable scalpel –Handle with caution! tissue forceps (Pickups), and non–latex gloves. Start learning to suture on fruits such as oranges, bananas, and grapes. Take things to the next level as we go to the butcher shop for some chicken legs or pigs’ feet!
• BUILD AND DISCOVER HOW A HEART PUMP WORKS, in our engineering/technology build. Discover how pigs share several traits with humans. Using our included dog bone cookie cutter and amazing recipe, you can bake up some of your own dog treats for your furry friends.
• DISSECTIONS: We will be dissecting all week long! Sheep hearts, crayfish, and Owl pellets! Includes a veterinary coloring book. **Please discuss the dissection aspect of this camp with your young vet!
• ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDE: Strawberry DNA extraction, Pet CPR with Casper the CPR dog, and drawing blood with our Life/form Canine IV leg. This will be an unbelievable experience for your child!
Each week, we invite a local Veterinarian, Vet Tech, and/or Pet Groomer to be a guest speaker for our campers. However, these professionals are very busy, and alternate activities are planned in case they cannot get away from their office.
Camp Tuition includes the $20 Lab Fee due to extraordinarily high costs of supplies for these labs.
Registration closes at 11:59pm Friday before this camp begins. For late registrations, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late registration fee of $20 will apply.
Typical Daily Schedule
Check out our “Typical Day” schedule HERE!
Please note, this is a generalized daily scheduled so actual lesson times and activity duration may vary slightly.
Hours & Fees
Camp Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. We also offer optional Pre Camp care ($30/wk), starting at 8am, and Post Camp care ($45/wk) which ends at 5:30pm.
Camps start at $325/week for Full Day Camps. The Half Day camp option is available for PreK & Kindergarten camps only, and is $275/week.
Camps offered the week of July 4th (at HPPC only) are FOUR DAY camps (July 5-8) and are prorated accordingly.
Forms & Resources
Click here to review the Camper Welcome Flyer 2022
If your child requires any prescription medications during the time he/she is at the camp, please download this form and print it, fill in the required information, fax it over to 214-530-5979 and bring it with the child on the first day of camp.